Tuesday 8 September 2009

Planning

Brainstorm


Permission

I e-mailed Jodie Jones requesting permission to use one of two songs and she e-mailed me back with the below reply -



Why I chose my track


I chose to use the track London Town by Jodie Jones because the song seemed very open ended. The lyrics were closed, yes, but the actual music itself could either lead to a happy or sad video. This meant lots of creative possibilities.

Also, the song was sung by a female artist meaning it would be easier for me to gain performance points as I would not have to find a male willing to be filmed and mime (I have plenty more female friends willing to be filmed than male).

Location Choices

For my filming I have chosen to main locations: a public park near me and Andrea's bedroom. Both are close by to my house and college and so therefore allow for easy access for filming/re-filming. The public park also has several different "settings" I can use making it a natural choice to allow variety of shots in my music video.


Risk Assessment



Performer choices

The person I chose to be the main female protagonist is Andrea Grimley -

- Andrea is a good friend and so therefore I know she will work hard and agree to dress/wear what is necessary

- She is conventionally "girly" and so therefore fits how I picture the main protagonist to look

- She is slim and will wear makeup to enhance her image - therefore in the video this will sell her image to the consumer rather than the music










Costume

Due to the nature of the track I feel dressing my protagonist provactiely, as is conventional for popular music videos invovling female artists, is innopropraite. Instead my main protagonist will adopt the "girl next door" look with plain white tee, blue jeans and Converse All Star shoes. This look, although dressed down, still allows the audience to relate to her therefore still selling her image to the consumer.

Webpage Mockup





CD Cover/Inlay mockup







Storyboard


Above is my storyboard for my music video accompanied by the track I am using. The storyboard does not run in time with the track however.

Treatment

After listening to the music track several times I have planned out a storyboard and come up with a final idea for my music video. The video will centre around the narrative of the lyrics and will therefore involve and boy and a girl falling for each other.

The video will open on the girl fixing her makeup in a mirror before receiving a text message asking her to be somewhere in 5 minutes. The name of the sender and the reason for meeting will be left ambigious in order to indulge the consumer and in order to enable the narrative to work effectively. The girl will then be seen leaving her house and walking down the street whilst miming - therefore incorporating the performance factor into the video. She will be seen to arrive at another house but it is not shown who opens the door.

The video will then cut to the girl with a friend looking at a guys Facebook profile. Who the guy is will be left ambigious but it should be pretty clear from the end of this sequence that the main protagonist is interested in this person and from the lyrics of the song that she has fallen for him. I then plan to incorpoarte some stop motion animation involving a piece of paper unfolding from being screwed up to reveal a love heart with a question mark. This piece of paper unfolding will become the main way for the audience to figure out the main protagonists emotions during the video.

The main protagonist will then be seen sitting under a tree with her friends - potentially talking about the guy. Her phone will be shown with a picture of the guy on it and her friends will show their dissaproval and at obsessed she is with him - again portraying her emotions for him to the audience. This will be followed by her writing notes, getting distracted and drawing a love heart which she then procedes to screw up and throw in the bin. Again, with the stop motion portraying her emotions the screwed up paper unfolds to reveal the heart she drew break.

The girl is seen to go and sit on a bench and mimes again to the camera as the guy comes and sits next to her. He begins to flirt with her and they end up leaving together - portraying the story the lyrics imply. The stop motion finalizes off the video with the screwed up paper now showing the audience just a whole heart - the couple have ended up together.

No comments:

Post a Comment